Tuesday 24 September 2013

HDB Application

HDB Application...

I think late Sept 12 when there's notification of Nov 12 Bedok BTO.. Mister dgn selamba nye mentioned "Shall we apply for Bedok BTO since I know that you really want Bedok housing estate as your future home?"
I was browsing shoes at that moment and look at him with the expression of "Giler ke ni org!"..

And all of the place he found courage to ask me while Im browsing shoes!! Seriously..
And at that point of time I told him give me sometime coz late grandpa is critically ill..
Hospital is like my 2nd home fr almost 2 mths...

After Arwah meninggal then I decided to carry on with the application Fengshan Greenville..
Like its a good opportunity since both me and mister neighbourhood at bedok!
We apply the house without my parents knowing coz I wana surprise her coz she really want me to sty at Bedok badly.

Oh sebelum tu.. The price!!! Punya lah mahal!! 4 rooms ranging $370,000-$460,000!! So I calculate nye calculate CPF kite dua.. (Prangai Finance part gini, Maklumlah keje pun under Finance dept kan).. Alhamdullilah our combination cpf dah lebih dari 10% of the unit price.

So we applied.. The ballot was out on Dec 12 I think.. We got a queue no! Surprisingly 1st timer! Excited sgt.. Although no queue 'terout by a few people'.. But its fine for us as we are really confident that lower level units would not be filling up that fast. We planned to take level two unit, my prangai is typical melayu doesn't like higher level units, segan dgn lift rosak! And the amount $380, 000 pun within our budget. Some of my friends comment by that kind of amt you can get 5 rooms flat at Sengkang and Punggol!

But hey I have alot of valid reasons why I chose Bedok;
1) I badly want to stay near with my parents and future in laws. They are old people anything happen to them we can quickly zoom to their places.
2) I want my mum to take care of my child rather than childcare centre coz I know she gonna bring up my children with good discipline and good Islamic background.
3) Both me and mister working place is at east area so its convenient for both of us to werk.
4) Bedok= food heaven. Kalau tak masak can drop by any part of Bedok and you can find delicious food stall evrywhere
5) Bus, MRT transport senang nak dapat kat bedok.. Easy to go to town areas and shopping centre.
6) I cant stand Ulu places like Sengkang and Punggol.. sungguhseram.com
And etc.. Kl nak list down never ending story kan!

Pendek kan cerita Mar 2013 we go for our 1st appointment to pay booking fees of $2,000 to chop our units!

We booked our flat 187A and 2nd level!
And it is nearer to the market and coffeeshop that we can just cross over that small road.
And we so happy with it.

After 4 mths, lama ke ape nk bagi duit $2,000 balik..
And why it takes us 4 mths 1stly we apply for AHG. I emailed the HDB after 3 mths why it took so long for our application to get an approval.  This mister betol nye pandai he overlooked the letter that HDB sent requesting for his part time job payslip..
But retrieving his payslip, its not easy.. Finance dept dia punya lah slow, si mister pun leh relax tk chase.
I yg almost everyday membebel.. I just want our HDB application to settle and after that we can concentrate on surveying our caterer.

Atlast after 2 weeks, we manage to settle. And the letter came, kite cuma dapat grant $10,000 jek! Nasib baik we apply AHG before end of July, mister gaji naik nearly $3K and mine $2K+ kalau tk, hmmm lagi gigit jari!  Our appointment was on the 2nd week of puasa and its on Sunday.. We take the floorings seme and it the price is $388,590! *Faint* haha...

But overall, Im just happy to get Bedok as my future home town! Alhamdullilah......................


PS: My mum really excited when she knew that I will be living near her..


3 comments:

  1. Hi dear!
    LOL. I feel you when you say "Prangai Finance part gini". can't help it when you deal with figures everyday! I also worked in a finance dept. I have spreadsheets for every single thing! Spreadsheets are finance people's savior!
    Congrats on ur BTO application! U so lucky dapat east side! I've tried applying Tampines and Bedok too but tak dapat! In the end, dapat Hougang pun jadilah! Yes, living near parents/in-laws is a bonus point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear,
    that is so true. Finance people will always have spreadsheet for everyday usage. haha. Thank you dear! Alhamdullilah rezeki. East BTO is like hotcakes quite difficult to get. Alhamdullilah atleast now u have a house although kat hougang. Nowadays nk dapat BTO pun some couple susah nk dapat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear,
    that is so true. Finance people will always have spreadsheet for everyday usage. haha. Thank you dear! Alhamdullilah rezeki. East BTO is like hotcakes quite difficult to get. Alhamdullilah atleast now u have a house although kat hougang. Nowadays nk dapat BTO pun some couple susah nk dapat.

    ReplyDelete